Harry Potter Canon Role Play Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play Etiquette

Go down

Role Play Etiquette Empty Role Play Etiquette

Post by Cassandra Crouch Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

For those who are new to "serious" role play and not just stuff on Pottermore:

Take turns in the role play. Try as much as possible to stay in the correct rotation. Don't jump ahead of someone's response.

Don't godmod. This is in the rules. See how important it is?

Don't expect a person to know everything about your character. It is rp. Sometimes the characters are just meeting each other.

Don't leave a whole bunch of out of character phrases in an rp. We have a chatting thread for that. Or you can chat in private message. When you do say something out of character, use "ooc" to indicate it is out of character. You do not need to do this in the out of character section. We know you are speaking ooc.

Make an effort to write. Don't "text" talk, i.e. I c u r.... That looks like "I cur" to me. You are a dog. -laughs- This is a weird example, but that's what came into my mind. You can do this in the chatting thread, but not in the role playing.

Don't treat characters badly. Your character may be mean or annoying, but don't degrade people constantly. Not everybody can just roll with things. No drama.

For the sake of avoiding drama, nobody will have special titles in the role play. No prefects, head girls, quidditch captains, etc.

Last edited by Cassandra Crouch on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassandra Crouch
Cassandra Crouch
Admin

https://hpcanonrpforum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Role Play Etiquette Empty Re: Role Play Etiquette

Post by Cassandra Crouch Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Bumps
Cassandra Crouch
Cassandra Crouch
Admin

https://hpcanonrpforum.rpg-board.net